Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Slice of Pink


I was within a mile of my house, as I drove along Hempstead Harbor and I was admiring the dark gray cumulus clouds overhead when I rounded a slight bend in the road and first caught a glimpse of the slice of pink in the sky just above the water. So I quickly pulled over and spent a few minutes composing this. I try to stay away from sunsets. (Well, yes, there are a few posted on the blog in the past 9 months or so...) But this seemed more about the sky and the clouds. But it was that slice of pink that made all the difference for me. The frustrating thing is that the colors of this image as posted on the web don't begin to do justice to the colors in the original file. I did upload a larger file than normal, so if you click on the image, a larger photo will open in a separate window, and the color of that image will be much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The moments we live for, when nature exposes herself so we can enjoy her beauty. Lovely.