Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Special Place


Today's assignment was to photograph several rooms and a home, designed by a woman who came to the US from Poland about 25 years ago. She has a lovely sense of design, and the rooms have what I would call an old world richness to them. The home was her home, and she was a gracious host. I spent several hours at her house, and saw things that I would not usually see on an architectural shoot - in this case, bright sunlight streaming into some of the rooms from skylights. So I was shooting for the paper, and looking for something special for me. That's why I took this photo - it is unlike most home shoots, in that it is a detail, and the lighting is dramatic, and the overall photo is fairly dark. Too dark for newspaper reproduction, but it looks pretty good here on the blog.

No comments: