Thursday, October 18, 2007

Six Feet


Six Feet. That's how far I walked after taking yesterday's photograph of the conservatory reflected in a pool. Then I saw this wonderful thing - it's the seed pod for a lotus plant, which lives in the water. One of the gardeners at NY Botanical Garden explained that I may have seen these dried in garden stores, and also that I may have seen them for sale in stores, cast in bronze, both of which seem familiar. What an amszing structure. So much of interest in a small area at the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd been told that the dried version of these were wasps nests! I'm glad you've corrected that info for me!

Amy said...

What an interesting piece of nature. I can't understand why someone would want a bronze version of it when you can get THIS. But cool just the same.

I wish I knew who "Anonymous" is all the time. Is it the same person? Different folks every time? I always want to know. :) -- Amy