Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Beauty Everywhere


The thing about going to the New York Botanical Garden, is that when you get there, there are photographs everywhere. It encompasses 250 acres and has 50 gardens and plant collections! A truly stunning place to visit. I mentioned yesterday why I was there. While waiting for the gardener that I needed to photograph, I was looking at and photographing anything in sight! This is the reflection of the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, in one of the pools containing various water plants. Long time readers of my blog will recognize the African lilly pads as similar to those in one of my very first posts, taken in San Angelo, Texas. The conservatory is a Victorian style glass house, opened in 1902 and it is a New York City landmark, completely restored several years ago. One of the things I love about this photograph is that it takes a second to figure out what you are looking at exactly - it is a bit confusing at first, but then becomes obvious that it is a reflection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like tarte pans on the water. Confusing on first, second and third glance. Not all is what it seems...

Amy said...

Ooh, I love it! I'm a moth to light when it comes to reflection images...absolutely love it, Dad. :)