Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bridal Shower!


We went to a bridal shower today for my nephew Jonathan's fiance Lauren. Of course I didn't actually go to the shower, and Jonathan didn't either. No boys at the girl's party! (I went off to see the Thomas Alva Edison Memorial Tower, but more on that another day) I came back to pick up Kathy, at the appointed hour, and the party was still going on, so I got to take some pictures. Lauren is a lovely woman, and has such a sunny disposition, and enjoys doing fun things, so she will fit right in. As an example, she took a bunch of bows from her presents at the end of the day, and made a hat, and then walked around among her friends showing off her new chapeau! I wasn't the only one who photographed her - it was such a lovely moment and it needed to be recorded for posterity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely day for a wonderful young woman. I am happy this girl with the sunny disposition will be my future daughter-in-law! Will she wear this on her wedding day? :-)

Ken Spencer said...

If she did, she would make it feel appropriate!