Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bunny, HELP!


It has been hot and dry, as most of you know, so we have been watering the plants around here. After doing the watering, I stopped to look closely at this particular plant - it is amazing what we can see when we stop to look really closely at the world around us. That was the case here - I noticed the color of the leaves of this plant, then noticed the water drops on the surface. I started to photograph the whole plant and then got closer and closer. I thought that including the whole leaf would be the strongest image, but decided I didn't need to include all of the leaf, for the strongest image. The gardener of the house has forgotten what plant this is... Bunny... Help!

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Your mysterious plant is called "Caladium". There are many variants but your picture shows one of the more colorful varieties. By coincidence, we just bought two about a week ago that we put in pots for the back porch.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Jas. You are the one of the last people I would have ever guessed who could identify this variety! You get TWO gold stars for the answer!

ken schwarz said...

Caladiums are popular in our neighborhood. In the spirit of full disclosure, a week ago, we saw some for sale at our local grocery store and thought they would look attractive on our back porch. I had no clue what they were called until we bought the plants and read the little plastic tags. I do know all the names of the trees, shrubs and plants in our yard but that is about the extent of my horticultural knowledge.