Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Line On The Horizon


We went to the beach this morning, just for a change of pace, and to have a breakfast of coffee and Dunkin' Donuts. As we sat there on the edge of the water, and I was looking out to sea, the first thing that occurred to me is that we so rarely see an absolutely straight line in nature. And here was this line between sea and sky, from horizon to horizon. I was going to ignore it and photograph something else, which I did. But my mind would not let go of this beautiful line and these wonderful blue colors.

6 comments:

Maypay said...

so true, when you think about it....that fine line...I will "see" it now next time at the sea.

Anonymous said...

How peaceful it all looks. What a wonderful way to start the day. Wish I could join you.

Trace said...

A beautiful picture. I like the way the water is foaming on the sand from a wave that just crashed and you can see another wave coming towards shore. The ocean can be peaceful and serene. Thanks for another great picture. We continue to check in daily to see what the picture of the day is. Sometimes it is just enjoying the scene and other times the picture is thought provoking.

ken schwarz said...

Just yesterday, we were going through some old 35 mm slides and came across photographs of your family with our family having Dunkin Donuts and coffee at the beach on the South Shore of Long Island. We loved those early morning trips to the beach before the big crowds arrived later in the morning.

Amy said...

Well said, it's so rare to see something so straight, isn't it. The sea always calms me to see, happy to see you were there and took such a nice shot.

Chuck said...

...is it just me, Ken, or does that line have a slight curve to it?