Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunlight On The Water


I'm playing around again - this is not a "normal" photograph. I wanted to show the sunlight sparkling on the water, but I also wanted to show the green of the grasses in the water, which is normally not possible. So I decided to try the "High Dynamic Range" application again. The interesting thing is, I think that you would not have noticed that this photograph is a bit "unreal." Our eyes naturally see detail in both the bright highlights on the water, and the green in the grasses. But the camera can't see this range of brightness. So I use multiple exposures of differing brightness, and then the application combines them. This is the result.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Nice shot!

Anonymous said...

You really work hard at this and I appreciate it! Nice photo.

Bunny said...

This is just beautiful. I love this one so much. It seems to calm me down. Amazing what an effect a photo can have. Thanks - Bunny

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the really nice comments! It means a lot to me to hear from you all - it keeps me going.