Friday, June 3, 2011

The Arches


Sorry for the delay in posting this - I drove out East for observing last night and didn't get home until 3:30 AM. A spectacular evening to be under the stars. This is another photograph from Saratoga Spa State Park. In the picture from yesterday, you can see brick archways on either side of the building, covering walkways where in the old days, people could walk or sit and relax, even in inclement weather. This is one of the walkways that extend from each of two similar buildings. I just love the way the light plays on the architecture here. There is direct sunlight and indirect light, and even a spot of direct sun up high on the wall to the left. There is something about the wonderful sense of perspective as the arches march away into infinity that draws me in every time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Photo! I guess I will excuse you since we are enjoying nice clear weather for star gazing! :-)
Joan