Friday, June 24, 2011

The White Flag


I was driving back home after supper, and as I came by the golf course, I caught a glimpse of the haze in the air, because the distant trees were much lighter than those closer to the road. I really like atmospheric effects like this. I can't get a clear shot of the golf course because of the fence with all this brush growing on it. So I had to take the camera and hold it over my head at arm's length so it can see over the fence. The trick is, I have to do that, take a picture, then look and see what I got, then try again. It takes a while to get a sense of how to point the camera to get the composition I want. I think I shot about 40 images before I got it right. I was aware that the "flag" for the hole was in the foreground, so I moved until I could see it through the hole in the brush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!! Kind of like the sun's reflection on the water through the forstay and the mast in the picture titled "Ice Cream Cones".