Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Coming of Spring


This is Scudder's pond which is about half a mile away, and I drive by it every day.  Today I drove by it on the way home from the astronomy conference, and it was the warm light of the setting sun that illuminated the scene.  Can you say "Jammed on my brakes!"  What grabbed me was the contrast of the color of last year's marsh grasses, with the light green new growth of the Weeping willow trees in the background.  Add the mirror-like surface of the lake to reflect part of the scene, and I think I may have a nice photograph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a nice photograph :-) It has such a restful quality to it. bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks! I bet you are going to use it as your desktop, right? :-)

Anonymous said...

Not ready to change from the cactus photo yet but this will be my next...bsk