Monday, October 21, 2013

The Lost Astronaut


I went to an FAA Safety Seminar on weather and flying tonight, at the Cradle of Aviation museum.  When it was over, I was driving out the driveway, and saw this.  This Astronaut marks the entrance to the museum, and I have seen it a billion times in daylight.  But tonight, it grabbed my attention as I was leaving, so I circled around and photographed it.  It was the blue light, and the roadway with only a few cars on it.  It just came to me that he looked completely out of place in these surroundings.  I particularly like this photograph because it is completely different from the things I normally photograph.  I think it is unexpected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me do a doubletake.

Ken Spencer said...

OK, that's good! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love the title! What is an astronaut doing on the side of the road in Long Island?? Good one! bsk