Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nightscape


During one of my late afternoon walks I started to see familiar subjects in a completely different way.  This is the north end of the power plant that is being torn down.  During the day it looks completely abandoned, and so I was surprised to see lights in this section of the building where the offices are.  I love the blue light of dusk and the glow from both the windows, and from lights across the harbor.  I have never thought of photographing this plant from this spot.  It is only the light that makes it good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture which captures the melancholy feeling of losing this landmark. We used to fish at that exact spot you took the picture - was great because the water was warm from the plant. Going back even further in the years (1972ish), there used to be a very nice restaurant at the end of the pier to the right of the picture - have no idea what the name was but in hindsite was a strange place to have a restaurant.

Anonymous said...

I would never have known that this is part of the abandoned plant. The lights across the harbor draw me into the scene...bsk

Ken Spencer said...

I remember the restaurant well! Can't remember the name either, but I think I recall that when you were seated, the windows looked out toward the water, and not the plant. But I could be mistaken (and often am, these days... :-)