Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Wedding Photographer


On the way down to Matador Beach from the top of the cliff, I saw a woman in a wedding dress being photographed by a guy in a tee shirt and an expensive camera.  She was sitting in the dirt, in her wedding gown, which seemed strange to me.  Later on I noticed that she was down at the water with her partner, and I watched as the guy in the tee shirt had them run into the water!  What?  In her wedding dress?  I guess.  So I did speak to him, and he said he was their wedding photographer.  I must admit, this is a very cool shot of the couple!  What I didn't ask was "When was the wedding?"  Like last week?  I mean, her gown was in no condition for any kind of reception, after this was over.

5 comments:

Photodude Images said...

It's called "Trash The Dress". A trendy post wedding photoshoot. It's prob a more fun way to spend money than preserving it for a daughter or granddaughter who isn't going to want to wear it anyway.

Anonymous said...

It does look like TONS of fun!!! :)

Jackie said...

Hi Ken,

So, as there are a few days left in 2013-I went through all of Ken's photos for the entire year, and thought it would be interesting to pick my favorite top three Ken photographs.

First Place: June 1, 2013, Taking out the garbage.
Second Place: August 22, 2013, I want to buy a pepper.
Third Place: July 19, 2013, White Swan, White Landscape.

Interesting my top three choices were all taken during the Summer. What are your favorite Ken photos for 2013?

All my best,

Jackie Stevens

Ken Spencer said...

Mike: Wow, "Trash the Dress." Amazing! Just goes to show - when in doubt, ask the Photodude! Thanks!

Ken Spencer said...

Favorite Photographs... Hmmmmm... That's funny, that I have never sat down and tried to pick my favorites. What does happen is that I will take a particular picture, and then say to myself, "Now, THAT's a real photograph! And then the next day, I need to take another. It is almost as if I don't have time to look back and think about the images after I do them. I will say that one of my recent favorites is the one of my daughter Amy with the red elf's hat on Abbot Kinney in Venice.