Friday, December 6, 2013

The "Salvage Princess"


I went for a walk late in the day, and while photographing the power plant from some distance away, a man came out from behind a gate next to me to talk about how beautiful the plant is.  There has been a marine salvage yard hidden behind a fence for at least 20 years.  I always wondered what was in there.  Turns out, the man who spoke to me was the owner, and is a really friendly guy and we talked about the history of the waterfront.  He invited me inside, and this was the first thing I saw.  It is a sculpture he bought down in Florida and he shipped it up here, where it sits in his yard.  He called it "The Salvage Princess."  I am glad he let me photograph it.  He also invited me back to take more photographs at another time.  What's better than that!

5 comments:

Photodude Images said...

So it seems the Princess lives with Flipper.

Anonymous said...

Very cool sculpture - love it! bsk

Anonymous said...

What a great sculpture, terrific picture and wonderful story! A fantastic opportunity to meet this person and talk history of the area!

ginger said...

stunning

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you had an opportunity to meet the owner and view this. I am sure you will return more than once.
Joan