Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Hard Time of the Year


You will be pleased to know that I DO know why I took this picture!  It's about the beautiful brown color of the faded flowers.  I was sitting at the dining room table and happened to look out the window toward the garden, and from about seventy feet away I could see this flash of brown.  This time of year is the most difficult for me, in terms of finding photographs for the blog.  The leaves are all off the trees, no one is out walking around, and the skies overcast and gray much of the time.  Perhaps it is that reduced stimulation from the world that makes me more sensitive to subtleties in the landscape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the softness and color of this but am having difficult time with the "blurred" part of the photo. Do you have another that is in sharp focus? bsk