Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Iconic Scene


We went up to Milford, Connecticut today for a baby shower.  That is a ladies only affair, so I needed to find something to do while the party was going on.  First I went out photographing.  This is the iconic view of the First United Church of Christ, and the duck pond.   I have been photographing this scene since I first started using a camera when I was in the 6th grade.  Of course back then I was only shooting black & white film.  If you own a camera, and live in Milford, you have photographed this scene.  I have posted a photograph of this before, during warmer weather, but today both the pond and the waterfall were frozen.  So I posted the black & white as a memory of my beginnings, and I have also posted the color image.  You can pick your favorite.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you drove to Milford so we could enjoy visit with Kathy. The black & white photo makes me think you could have taken this with a brownie camera.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The black and white looks like it could be a postcard from the past. bsk