Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Along the Embarcadero


I ran into this performer on the Embarcadero in San Francisco after dinner one night.  This is Oscar Reynolds, born in Bolivia, and an accomplished composer, Andean master flutist, guitarist, and flute maker.  Here he is playing the Andean panpipes and guitar simultaneously. His music was just beautiful, and soulful, and the panpipes give a haunting quality.  Look at his intensity when blowing across the panpipes.   I stood there for quite a while just drinking the music in.  And of course I put money into his jar.  Maybe I should have bought one of his DVD's. If you would like to hear some of his music go here: http://oscarreynolds.com/ then click on "Discography" and click on an album cover to listen to some of his music.  (Hey Dean, look, I remembered how to embed a link!)

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

Great shot illustrating the intensity of this Bolivian musician and I enjoyed listening to some sample music from the link! Thanks for posting!