Thursday, October 8, 2015

California Dreaming





Here I am, on the road again, westbound at Flight Level 380.  I am on the way to San Francisco, for the Antique Telescope Convention.  I have not been to San Francisco in over 20 years!  What a shame.  I meant to shoot something completely different for this flying post, but I am so taken with the beauty of the United States from the air, that I am starting with a couple of photographs of the Earth.  They are in the vicinity of Utah, Nevada, and California.  I was so busy shooting that I forgot to check the moving map display.  In any case, they are stunning abstractions, don't you think?  And the last photo is something different.  On the long approach to San Francisco Airport over San Francisco Bay I watched as the shadow of the plane got larger as we got lower.  Oh well, at least it is a bit different from what I have shot before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the aerial shots - they can be so surreal. bsk

Anonymous said...

an absolute favorite thing to do while flying is taking pictures.. the landscape is always so fascinating..