Friday, October 16, 2015

The Great Salt Lake


I am not done with posting California pictures - not by a long shot.  But I needed to post something tonight.  It is late - 12:45AM and I just got in from the airport, so I am posting a shot from the flight home from San Francisco.  It is interesting, because San Francisco is more northerly than Los Angeles, the route of flight across the United States is more northerly as well.  So this is an unfamiliar route for me - I haven't been to San Francisco in something like 25 years, so I kept my nose to the window.  I was not disappointed!  This is right along the shore of the Great Salt Lake in Utah, and I could see that there were some walls or barriers that controlled whatever this material is - perhaps these are drying ponds.  But I am not sure for what, and the deep purple color is really interesting.  Of course I love this because it looks like an abstract painting.  Let's face it the world is a stunning place from the air!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice abstract! Shapes and colors are great, you don't really know what this is, even when you describe it in the blog. Would make a nice print. Welcome home!-- Stan

Anonymous said...

This photo is SO cool! Just became my new "desktop". Stan is right - it would make a great print. (Hint, hint :-)) bsk