Friday, July 1, 2016

Oh No! The Relatives Are Here!


OK, so "Oh No" is a joke!  It is a joy to have relatives visit.  And look, we're using the new back room!  Vince and Jo Anne are down from Rochester for the week, and Neil came down from Connecticut for a couple of days.  What a wonderful gathering.  Sitting around talking and enjoying each other's company.  Oh, and then there is the food.  Kathy has been working overtime on wonderful things for us to eat.  Note to my sisters who just visited:  We had Chicken Simon & Garfunkel this evening, just as we did when you were here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that Kathy's family is there to visit :-) I really liked Kathy's Chicken Simon & Garfunkel. In fact, I would love the recipe (hint, hint). Enjoy the holiday weekend and family!! bsk

Anonymous said...

What a nice photo of family time... and what a great way to spend time. I love the room too. It looks like a nice place to relax. I'm wondering what the Simon and Garfunkel chicken is.

Ken Spencer said...

Chicken Simon & Garfunkel is made with, get this, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme! And it is delicious beyond belief!

Anonymous said...

Funny! I asked because I remember back in the seventies when we would visit and when Simon and Garfunkel were big, Aunt Kate would make a delicious chicken, carrot and rice casserole. It was so good, I remember it to this day. So I thought it might be her dish from the Simon and Garfunkel era. Lol. Trace