Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Greenhouse in Dighton


My friend Dick is a photographer who was born and raised in Providence, Rhode Island, and knows the area like the back of his hand.  He has been photographing the city and the countryside most of his life and has published calendars, and books and sells his landscape photographs in galleries.  So this afternoon, when he said "Hey, do you want to go out and photograph this old greenhouse I know about" I was ready to go.  So we drove down to Dighton, Massachusetts and found this beauty.  I am so accustomed to photographing alone, that it was really nice for both of us to be out photographing together.  I especially love the curved chimney.  I guess whoever built it never heard of a plumb bob!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool photo, but it surprises me that there is a chimney attached to this glass house!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

I think that in the cold months of spring, many greenhouses have furnaces that heat the greenhouses so that plants that have been started early won't die from a cold snap. But this is one crazy, curved, tilted chimney!