Monday, May 14, 2018

A Small Project


Kathy seemed to think that maybe the garage needed painting.  It looked fine to me, but I thought I would go ahead and start the project so that she would be happy.  It has been 20 years since I painted it last, so maybe she is right...   :-)  I should mention that I am only painting the side of the garage that faces the new addition on the back.  The front of the garage, which is just garage doors, was painted a few years ago.  What will get really tedious is not painting the shingles and the trim, but rather painting the beautiful little diamond windows.  THAT is going to take forever.  I will be sure and show you a photograph when I get to that part of the project.

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Before you start painting, consider this...

The part of your garage that you will be painting faces your new house extension - aka your "Man Cave". Perhaps an appropriate mural could be commissioned rather than plain paint. Possible motifs could include, your favorite sports team, something to do with aviation (as you are a pilot), your favorite planet or constellation (recognizing your interest in astronomy), or an array of photo equipment.

Wouldn't that be a more interesting view than just plain paint on shingles? Better yet, you could do it as a surprise for Kathy. I'm sure she would just love it.

Ken Spencer said...

Dude! You are awesome! This is a brilliant idea! Tomorrow I will start painting the Milky Way Galaxy on the side of the garage. Kathy will be so surprised and so thrilled to see this! Oh wait, maybe instead, I will paint a B-25 bomber as it takes off, heading straight for the new house extension! That would be so cool to see. Thanks so much for the suggestions! You are a true friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh man - this looks like a ton of work. Can't wait to see what you decide to paint...betsey