Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Second Photo, New Camera


So just around the corner from my first photograph of the plaster sun on the garage wall, I noticed this plant that we bought the other day, sitting in front of one of the garage doors.  "A second picture" I thought!  And it does seem appropriate as a subject for an old camera.  Something about this - it just looks old.  What is interesting is that only the blossoms and leaves in the very front of the plant are in sharp focus, which adds to the old feeling.  So I am done for the moment, because when I want to take some more photos, I need to set up my darkroom with chemicals again.  I no longer own an exposure meter (!) so every exposure is a guess, so I need to process each negative right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the color tones of this photo. Looks like a photo from the 30's. The dark brown "frame" around the white door is striking. betsey