Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Squall Line!


So does this look like the end of the world, or what!  The forecast for today spoke of rain late in the day.  When I checked radar in mid afternoon, there was a huge squall line accompanying a cold front, that went from Maryland all the way to Massachusetts.  I managed to get my bike ride done before the front arrived.  And when it did, the clouds were fantastic.  Wonderful to look at these dark gray clouds, churning their way across the sky.  It was magical to see.

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Having looked at your photo and having read your comments, I wonder if you ever thought about posting short video clips on your blog? A few seconds of churning clouds with the sound of wind whipping through trees would be a very cool! Was there any damage from the storm in your neighborhood?

Ken Spencer said...

After the gust front, we had very little heavy rain. I watched radar and cells passed to either side of us, but not directly over us. Hamden Connecticut reported a tornado, according to my sister Joan, who heard it on the news. You should see how long the frontal system was!

Anonymous said...

The National Weather Service forecasted possible tornados so I was ready to go into my basement! Fortunately, we only had torrential rains, heavy winds, thunder & lightning. Barely any tree damage in my area. very lucky :-) betsey