Monday, October 22, 2018

At the Astronomy Conference


I wrote two days ago about attending an Astronomy Conference in "A Field in Fall."  So here are some images from the conference.  In this photo, my friend Dave is in one of the two observatories at the park.  He is one of the organizers of the conference. There is part of a telescope to the left in the photo, and one more mount with two telescopes mounted on it the right.


This telescope is in a white dome, just a short distance from the other observatory (below) which is called a "Roll Off Roof" observatory.  This is an 8" diameter refractor, and it is a spectacular telescope!  I haven't been out here for observing yet, but it is on my list!


This is another view of the roll off roof observatory, showing the two telescopes on their mounts.


This is the dome of the second observatory, with the 8" refractor inside.


And here is a portrait of the speakers and the attendees at the conference.  Wait!  I'm not in the picture!  Oh, I was the one taking the picture.

No comments: