Wednesday, October 10, 2018

On The Beach


I was going through some folders on my computer and found this image.  It was left over from our trip to Montauk back in July.  Sometimes I don't have time to post all my images from a trip, and they get left behind.  I though this would be a refreshing change from Times Square.  I think this photograph is interesting because most of the image is horizontal, and then there is this strong vertical element that makes the picture much more interesting.  Oh, the title "On the Beach" has a double meaning.  I was suggesting to a friend just the other day that they should read this classic book by Nevil Schute about the world after a nuclear war.  Pleasant thought, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply but really interesting. Surreal in some way.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you! What a lovely comment! Yes, it is a bit surreal.

Anonymous said...

It looks like somebody randomly stuck this pole in the ground at the beach...betsey