Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Circles in the Sky


I was going to my astronomy meeting tonight, headed east on Northern Boulevard.  And suddenly from behind the trees, as the road curved, there was the full moon straight ahead!  What a spectacular sight!  So here we go again - Ken driving along trying to shoot a picture of the moon, while moving.  Then it occurred to me that was a dumb idea.  So I waited until I was stopped at a red light, and snapped this photograph.  The moon is just another circle in the sky, just like the red and green lights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the symmetry !!!

ken schwarz said...

This is a very creative, unusual and fun night photograph taken during an astronomical moment in time that enabled the moon and traffic lights to cooperate at precisely the perfect moment! Well done!


Ken Spencer said...

Primo! Thank you. At least I didn't crash the car... :-) Confession: I didn't recognize the symmetry until AFTER I took the photo... But I will take credit for a great composition... :-)