Wednesday, July 31, 2024

An Astounding Coincidence!


You are not going to believe this story!  Stan and I were on our way to the Stellafane convention.  I had looked up Panera restaurants along the way where we could stop for lunch.  There were four choices in Connecticut and so we picked one in the middle in Wethersfield to stop.  The exit sign said "Rocky Hill" and when Stan mentioned that, I said "My sister Betsey lives there."  When we entered the store, there were about 5 people in line at the counter.  The woman in front of me was wearing a bright pink blouse.  I was talking to Stan while we were in line and suddenly the woman in pink says "I know that voice," as she turns around, it was my sister Betsey!  How can that coincidence even happen!  What are the chances, really! Stan was surprised when Betsey turns around, and sees me hugging a random woman in line!  Then I introduced them to each other, and we all had lunch together and had a wonderful time, but all of us stunned at how that could even happen!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story and wonderful surprise for both of you! Nice photo. Trace

Anonymous said...

A nice birthday surprise for Betsey! Perfect timing. Glad you could have lunch together. Enjoy the Stellafane Convention.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful coincidence! And great picture 📸! Hope lunch was good.

Anonymous said...

It certainly was a huge surprise for both of us! It was wonderful to meet Stan since I’ve seen him in Ken’s blog so many times. We had a nice lunch before they had to get back on the road. I am still amazed. Betsey