Tuesday, January 24, 2023

A Different View


I have photographed Scudder's Pond about a billion times since I came to Sea Cliff in November of 1966.  It is pretty scenic and with wildlife like birds, ducks, and geese the things to photograph are endless.  So as I passed by on my walk yesterday, the Phragmites caught my eye and I saw the orange trees in the distance, here out of focus, and there were some Phragmites in the foreground.  I tried climbing the fence made from steel pipe but I couldn't get myself high enough.  So then I started shooting through the plants in the foreground.  Sometimes I focused on the trees in the background and sometimes, as here, I focused on the Phragmites.  I think this is interesting because we can examine the reed and see straight ones, and curved ones and diagonal ones.  It is a more subtle photograph, but to me, quite interesting.  It is better if you click on it to enlarge the photograph and so can see more details.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A calming and beautiful photo.
Joan