Thursday, January 5, 2023

Fog Week V


Another "Fog Week" photo.  I think this is, as they say in New England, "A Good 'un."  I was photographing these thin trees, while including the railing along the harbor, and the fog, of course.  And then some cars were approaching from the distance, coming towards me.  And then I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw this silhouette of a man walking towards me.  And not on the sidewalk where he would be not very obvious, but along the railing where he stands out clearly!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  And then another car or two approached and that giant white glow made everything perfect!  Lucky circumstances for me, but of course I really was paying attention!  So here is an interesting question:  When I showed you the peaking gas turbines, I had chosen to convert that photograph to black & white because I found the orange color in the original really distracting.  So thinking of that photograph I converted this photograph to black & white as well.  Then I had to decide which version was my favorite.  I chose the color version this time.  But here is the black & white version below, and now you all get to vote on which one you like best!  I can't wait to see which photograph is your favorite!


 

8 comments:

Ron said...

Both!

Linda said...

I normally gravitate toward black and white, but this time....the blue in the colored photo is gorgeous. I like the bw too, but this time the scale tips a little more toward the other. What great serendipity for you!

Anonymous said...

They are both stunning and have their own story to tell

ken schwarz said...

I flipped back and forth between the two images and avoided reading what three others before me said about color vs. black and white. The thought of London Fog came to mind and, while this is not a city scene, for me your Black & White photo is the winner of today's fog series. I will be very interested to read what others have said today. A very nice photograph either way!

Anonymous said...

I prefer the color as it is softer on the eyes with the blue sky and car lights.
Joan

Anonymous said...

i vote for the b&w because fog is the focus, rather than that beautiful blue.

Anonymous said...

I was going to choose the blue because of the soft color; however, the orange glow is a little bit of a distraction. So, I will vote for the black & white photo for its' simplicity and gloominess. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Linda, It has been a while since you have commented, and it is nice to have you stop by! Thanks! And thank you to everyone who took the time to look carefully at both photographs, and to make a decision on which version you liked best. I think it is a tossup, and it is still a tossup in my mind as well. I really appreciate hearing what everyone was thinking while making their decision. This was fun! Thank you all.