Thursday, January 19, 2023

The Lady in Gold


This is probably a strange photograph.  I was walking my usual route yesterday and stopped to take a photograph of the harbor.  This woman who I hadn't noticed passed me.  So I started walking again and passed her.  Then I stopped for another photograph and she passed me.  I became fascinated that she was wearing this gold down jacket.  Something about the gold seemed strange, since most walkers are not wearing fashionable jackets.  So at some point I decided to try and catch up to her and do some kind of photograph showing the jacket.  She was a really strong walker - I had to work hard to catch up and stay with her.  When she walked by this fence that has the plastic grassy-looking stuff woven into the fence for privacy I thought this was the best background and took a few photos.  She continued on and turned left down at the mile-long uphill road and I turned around and headed home.  I have no idea what this shot means, but I was drawn to this subject, I guess because the scene seemed incongruous.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She likes bling! She has a fun personality and I bet she wears sparkly shoes and earrings when she is out for lunch or shopping. I like that she can be seen walking at dusk.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Not my "cup of tea" but it makes sense as a color that can be seen. I think Joan is right about her style choices! betsey