Sunday, January 22, 2023

Another Sycamore Tree Dies


On my walk today, I noticed this Sycamore tree with most of the top broken off and the trunk split.  I think it has been this way for a while.  Then I had to stop and try and remember what that tree looked like.   I have photographed the whole length of this sidewalk and trees over time - I will have to take a look and see what this tree looked like before it broke.  When it did break they obviously came by and cleaned up the fallen parts.  This is one of those trees that at one time lined both sides of the sidewalk along the harbor.  But they have been here for years and years, and some of them have died.  So they do replace the trees that have died.


This is a view of the half of the tree trunk that is still standing and you can see that it is completely rotted inside.  I guess they will plant a new one in the spring.  It seems that recently a number of these trees have died and been removed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Circle of life, but this is a sad and gloomy photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the town is replacing the Sycamore trees as they die off. It is sad to see the dead trees. betsey