We saw a spectacular colorful sunset in the sky as we were driving down Laurel Avenue, heading to the beach. By the time we were parked at the beach where we were going to walk, the sunset had faded a great deal. There was this little bit of color left, close to the horizon, and it wasn't much but I took a couple of frames anyhow. This is hardly a complete photograph. It what I learned years ago, is that this is known as "a fragment." It has the makings of a photograph, but there is not enough in it to make it complete. Perhaps a foreground object, like a tree or a person. Something to add a point of interest to what is here, just a colorful photograph of the sky. So I was desperate, yet again, and so here you have a beautiful fragment, but not a complete photograph.
Thursday, September 24, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow! This is gorgeous. Love the colors, the shape of the clouds, the water and the distant shore lights on the water. Everything about it makes for a beautiful scene. Trace
The colors are beautiful and I love the reflection on the water and the tiny dots of light across the harbor, so I enjoyed viewing your fragment. :-) Joan
Post a Comment