Sunday, September 27, 2026

The Nor'easter Today


You would never really know that we were having a nor'easter pass through, at least at Hempstead Harbor.  I went down at about 10 AM.  About an hour earlier the winds were gusting quite a bit and there was some heavy rain for a short while.  This is what I found.  The winds were calm and there were really no waves at all.  Other parts of Long Island had a lot of flooding.  There was fog, so in the distance you are faintly seeing Port Washington across the harbor.  These grasses are beautiful waving back and forth in the water and so I thought it worth a photograph.


I did run into other people walking because it was actually nice out with no winds and no rain to speak of.  I also found a father with a young daughter and son.  He said they just wanted to get out of the house and go for a walk!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first photo is very calming. We had gusty winds and a tree took down wires so we were without power all morning yesterday. Joan

Anonymous said...

The top photo looks so calm. Nothing like the Nor’easter photo from yesterday!