The forecasts were for high water and strong winds for the nor'easter which arrived today. So I looked up high tide, which was at noon and walked down the street in my foul weather gear to see what I could see. I needn't have done that because there was no rain to speak of. The winds were not all that much and the waves, because of lack of wind were nothing to speak of either. But every once in a while there would be a larger wave smashing into the boat launch ramp and then shooting up into the air, which was impressive. At least I got something interesting.
So I did take this photograph before the one above. I think the first photo was more impressive but I like this better because it is prettier to look at I think.
Then there are always "these guys!" Every time the road floods from rain or in this case, salt water spilling into the road, most people drive through the deeper water slowly. And then there are these people who do not. I have to be so careful, because on the other side of the road where I photographed the crashing waves, I had my back to the road, and my camera and I could have been splashed with SALT water! So I kept a wary eye out for the hot rodders. This is kind of a stupid thing - this is not rain runoff but salt water you have seen washing up the boat ramp. So do you want your car to have salt water splashing up into the engine compartment of your nice car? Most people would not want that.




1 comment:
Long Island Sound down the street was splashing over the wall 2 hours before high tide. At high tide, I am sure Beach Avenue was impassable. Some drivers are crazy. Last week when we had torrential rains, a Tesla was driving in New Haven and ended up floating around in the middle of the road with no control. Joan
Post a Comment