Latest project, long overdue! I have been painting the house again, one side each year. This side looked awful because being on the west side of the house it got a lot of sun. I am guessing it has been over 20 years since it was painted, and it shows! Wow, I am pretty high up here, aren't I? It may not be obvious but I am wearing a harness and am connected with a bright orange climbing rope to an anchorage in the attic. Just in case...
This is terrible! Shame on me for not painting it sooner!
Because there is so much mildew under the eaves, this is my process to make sure it is all gone. First, I scrape the eaves with paint scrapers to get all the loose paint off. Then I put on rain gear, and use a garden sprayer to soak everything with mildew on it with a solution of water, Clorox, and a replacement. for Tri Sodium Phosphate. The black mildew instantly turns brown, and then I drag a garden hose up to the top of the ladder and blast everything with water, which removes the mildew and rinses all the chemicals off. After a day of drying, it is ready to paint! Stay tuned!




3 comments:
Wow! What a project! Ladders can be tricky, it's good you're using the safety harness. Trace
That is a major project. I know you use safety measures and you are in great shape, but that is too scary for me. Joan
Looks too scary to me - that’s high!
I am so glad that you take safety very seriously. Big job for sure
Post a Comment