Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Experimentation


I was photographing the fall leaves the other day, trying different compositions. The light was low because it was late in the day, so I put the camera on a tripod. I was just making "straight" photographs when it occurred to me that I don't experiment very much. So I started fooling around with longer exposures, then started moving the branch in the middle of the exposure to see what I could do. I made a lot of exposures, and this is a favorite - some movement, but yet you still know what the subject is. I should be more "loose" in my shooting and experiment more.

5 comments:

Little Candle said...

i love ur pic..
it's fantastic..
simple thing can be amazing

Anonymous said...

I prefer the clean crisp pictures. I feel like my eyesight is going fuzzy looking at these leaves!
Joan :-)

Anonymous said...

Joan:
You are SO funny! Made me laugh out loud! I am trying to be creative, and I am ruining your eyesight! Thanks for the post!
--the brudder

Aud said...

Ken--

I like this a lot. It's artsy and breaks the journalistic mode!

Anonymous said...

I keep blinking my eyes trying to clear up the picture yet I love the color.