Monday, November 10, 2008

The View From My Perch


I worked on the chimney all day, and was finishing just before the sun set. Suddenly, the orange light of the setting sun broke through the clouds, and lit up the landscape. I raced down the roof, scrambled down the ladder, ran in the house, grabbed my toy camera and hurried back up to the rooftop. This is the scene I beheld! The light had already gone off the trees in the foreground, which was actually an improvement - the single cloud now becomes the most important thing in the frame. You may need to click on the image to see one with better color.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, it looks like the heavens are opening up for you! That said...tie yourself on tighter, Dad!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this photo! Gorgeous. Another one for the "card: file...hint hint.