Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Constellation of Raindrops

Well, I have been following the changes in colors of the leaves for a while now, but they are all gone at this point.  I walked down the front porch steps this morning to see the Japanese maple tree with raindrops on all its branches.  It looked like a constellation of stars!  I spent quite a while looking for photographs (from under an umbrella) and I think this is my favorite, although there is another contender.  Maybe I will show you that one on a day that I can't find a photograph.  This photograph will look much more interesting if you click on it to see it in a larger version.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous shot. Must be a challange to photograph in the rain but certainly worth the effort when you can create images like this.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! It looks like tiny lights! You never cease to amaze me.
Joan

Amy said...

Wow, it looks like a Martha Stewart craft project! Incredible that nature provides images like that -- and wonderful that you snap them. :)