Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Warm or Cold?


I had been running in and out of the house all day long to get tools I needed on the roof. Suddenly I stopped to look at the back door, and saw this - the patchy sunlight and shadows of tree branches on the door. There was something about the feeling of the light and shadows that grabbed me, so I got the camera and spent some time trying different views of this. My question is, does this sunlight look "warm" or "cold?" I know, of course, that it is fall, and it was cold, but am I just imagining that the light looks cold, or not?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister is choosing cold. If it was warm and sunny I would not expect the window & shadows to be so dark.

Ken Spencer said...

Good call! You're right - in the summertime the shadows would still have hard edges, but the edges would be a bit softer from the haze at that time of year, and the shadows would not be quite as dark. OK, you get the prize! Ask me about it at Christmas! :-)

Amy said...

I would have said cold too, but not because of the sunshine, just because the big door inside was closed. Summer shots seem to be all about open doors and screens to let in the soft warm breezes... That's not as scientific as your sister's answer cause my brains just ain't as smart as all that. :)