Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No "Art" Today...


Forgive my obsession with my chimney reconstruction, but I am just about done. Today I made a wood form on top of the new chimney, and then mixed some cement and poured it into the form to make a "cap" on the chimney. What it does over the long term is to protect the top of the bricks from weathering. I would have liked to show you the completed chimney cap with the form removed, but I won't be taking the wood form off until tomorrow. We'll see how it looks then. The little yellow strings, by the way, are attached to the parts of the form inside the chimney opening, to prevent any parts from accidentally falling down inside the chimney.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed brother! Great Job! Do you have to replace roofing shingles now? I would think the chimney would come first, then the roof, but I do not plan to do either job myself!

Ken Spencer said...

You get the prize! You have figured it out correctly! This is the final quarter of the roof, and rebuilding the chimney makes such a mess, that I did that first. Now I will go back to tearing off the old roof, and putting down the new roof.

Anonymous said...

Adding my congrats of a nicely done job. Hauling cement ++ up and down a ladder at 66 yrs? You never fail to inspire me.