Saturday, November 22, 2008

Upstate Trip


We headed upstate this morning, for Thanksgiving week with family in Rochester. I was looking for photographs the whole way. I used my toy camera to photograph through the windshield for some photos and stopped a number of times along the way for others. This is my first choice for most dramatic photo along the way. It is in Covert, NY, up above Ithaca. I have passed these trees a hundred times, but seen against the background of cumulus clouds, today they made a great picture, I thought.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

This photo brings back a lot of memories driving up to Rochester and Buffalo in the winter for business. Have a Happy Thanksgiving with family in upstate New York. We head for California next week to meet up with our kids and grandchildren for several days.

Anonymous said...

I love the contrast! Bleak and yet so artistic.
Do you know what kind of trees they are?
Joan