Friday, November 7, 2008

A Slight Mistake


I made a *slight* error a few weeks back. I had stripped the roof on one side, and then buttoned it up with felt paper to protect it from the weather in case it rained. I went to bed late that night in the dark, and it had been raining for a couple of hours. I put my head on my pillow and it was wet! And then I heard the "drip, drip, drip" of water from the ceiling! Yikes! So I got a bucket, changed the pillow, and went to sleep. The next morning I went up on the roof in the rain, and saw one small spot I missed where the water was coming in. It took 2 minutes to fix. Several days later the stains from the water began coming through cracks in the plaster. I was looking at the stains this morning, and it felt as if some life force from the house was making itself visible on the ceiling. climbing up toward the sky. I won't dwell on this long - I will probably paint it this weekend.

2 comments:

Amy said...

ooh, that's a shame! no biggie, but you must have been frustrated to have something so small make such a big mark. well, the ceiling probably needed painting anyway, right? :)

ken schwarz said...

Try spraying the ceiling with bleach before applying a primer coat.