Monday, January 25, 2010

Clearing Storm


It was raining today, as my mother was fond of saying "like the dickens." Pouring. Howling winds and rain lashing the windows. Late in the afternoon the rain stopped and the sun came out. So I headed down to the beach to see if I could find a picture. I was not sure it it was high tide, and not sure where to look exactly. I drove into the parking lot at Tappan Beach, and in front of me were these Phragmities blowing in the wind. That looked like a possibility with all the different clouds in the distance, and the sun setting. So I played with this for about 20 minutes, until the sun went down behind a cloud deck. The edge of the cloud deck is brightly lit, and looks like a river in the sky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Georgeous shot! Glad you ventured out and caught this photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Love this picture! I may have to change my screen saver from the wispy grasses on green background to this one...bsk

fuzzy said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Amazing that you can photograph the same area over and over and keep getting stunning and completely different photographs.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! I never know which photographs will elicit any comments! This one surprised me! Glad you all liked it. Thanks!