Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The New Project


So I am no longer on the roof, but I have an indoor project that is way up in the air. I am preparing to paint the hallway over the stairs leading to the second floor. It is a bit tricky - I need to put two ladders on the stairs, and then put a 2"x10" plank between the ladders and then climb up on the plank. Wow, it is way up in the air! I am chipping out the loose plaster and digging out the cracks, and then taping and using joint compound to fill in all the imperfections, before I begin painting. I will be at this for a few days, but the project is fun. I love making things new and clean and fresh looking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am holding my breath! Wallpapered my stairwell once...will not stand on a plank again.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Did you have Kathy take your picture or did you set up your own camera with a timer? It makes me nervous looking at the picture...bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Kathy took it. There was no way I could set the self-timer and get back up on the plank in 10 seconds.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, Ken! I suppose this is no more dangerous than taking pictures of the ground while piloting a plane, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

MJ