Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life Without Texting?


I have been to three museums in the past week. One on Long Island, and two in Manhattan with Liz. I could not believe some of the people who were wandering through the exhibits, while TEXTING! WHAAAAAAT? Are you kidding me? Why bother to go to the museum in the first place? Now, to be fair, I grabbed this shot in the line of people waiting to retrieve their jackets from the coat check. What struck me however, was the intensity of the young woman. I watched her text for perhaps 10 minutes while in line. So I took the photograph because of that intensity, which I think shows in this picture. This is a cropped version of the original picture, which was 3/4 length. I thought it was stronger as a close-up. I love the glint in her eye from the screen of the cellphone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful but a little scary. Wonder if she's that intense about everything? Does seem to capture a piece of social history. A new society where everyone is texting and no one has time to look at anything else but the little black keyboard. I think we need to dial things back a bit. Do we really have to be in touch every second?

Anonymous said...

Well said. I agree.