Monday, April 26, 2010

Empire State Building


I still have a bunch of leftovers from Boston and New York that I want to share with you. This is a photograph of the Empire State Building - when I did the photograph of this building with a rainbow, it was from further away, and the building looked really tall, which it is. As I got closer, I kept photographing as I approached. When I saw this I loved how unexpected the view was. I thought that the building didn't look all that tall. I love the reflections off the metal trim and windows, and that is the thing that made me decide to take the photograph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ken, if you were standing with your back to Fifth Ave, the row of windows directly below the horizontal line is the textile company where I had my first job. When I told my friends in Rochester that I was working in the Empire State Building, they all asked which floor. It was embarrassing to admit that it was only the fifth, but at least it was the top of the base!
MJ