Friday, April 30, 2010

Me & My iPad


After staying up all night, sitting on the front porch steps... :-) the Fedex guy came at about 12:30 PM with my new toy. The quick answer, is that the iPad is awesome! It is VERY cool! Because of the "Apps" that so many developers have made for this, it is a device that can do so many things more easily than can be done on a computer. The fun, of course, is learning how it works. I haven't had this much fun since I bought my first Newton Messagepad in 1995, may it rest in peace... Each of those little squares on the screen is an App, and each one does something very specific. And, there is no mouse or keyboard - everything is done with finger touches and gestures. I need to stop typing now, so I can get back to enjoying my "magical device."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Herm could be twins! He hasn't put down his iPad since it arrived -- about the same time as yours. BTW, I left a late comment on your Empire State Building closeup picture. Check it out.

MJ

Chuck said...

Great photo,Ken. It reminded me of me sitting on my front porch steps holding my new iPad...except that I don't have steps on my front porch.

Ken Spencer said...

Hi MJ: That is SO cool that Herm got an iPad! SO Cool! I guess that means us "old" guys are still hip, huh? I haven't had so much fun since buying my first Newton Messagepad, and learning the handwriting recognition.