Monday, April 12, 2010

Shadows


I found a whole bunch of interesting photographs while in Boston, particularly at the Museum of Fine Arts. So I am going to be showing you photographs from there for a few days. This is the last photo I took - I had left the museum and was headed back to the parking lot when I noticed these shadows of trees on the side of the building. There are so many interesting things going on in this photograph - I love the reflection of trees and sky in the window, and the blue is mirrored in the upper right hand corner of the picture And in that corner are actual tree branches, which mirror the shadows of the branches. Of course, at this point I am over-analyzing things - in the viewfinder, I just include stuff until it feels right. Click.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I really had to study this one..as you say so much is going on. At first glance I thought they had placed a photograph on the wall...the reflection looks so clean and real. And then the shadows of the trees on top and below match it...like the branches extend from the "photograph" (reflection). It has a surreal quality to it. Good eye!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I didn't see all the things I described, when I took the shot, by the way. Only afterwards. Then I was surprised by what I saw!